Lexibank allows searching for words along several axes. You can filter words
- based on the form as it appears in the source datasets
- by variety or language family
by meaning - or similar meaning where similarity is defined as "meanings appearing
in the same colexification cluster in CLICS"
by characteristics of individual segments, specified as BIPA sounds
or as sound classes (such as Dolgopolsky and SCA sound classes or CV templates).
The search inputs below the column headers in the search table allow a limited set of "regular expression"
functionality for more precise search queries:
- ^ can be used to specify that a query must match at the start of the searched string.
- $ can be used to specify that a query must match at the start of the searched string.
- _ can be used to specify a one-character wildcard in the middle of a search query.